- First, obtain the dimensions of the Portable Spa you are planning to purchase. You will need to consider if the Spa will be delivered on its side or installed flat on a dolley.
Please Note: We do not install Swim Spas on their sides.
- The minimum width of a pathway that is required is approximately 1.0 metres,this is depending on a spa measurements to enable clearance to deliver the Spa on it’s side without damage to either the property or the Spa. (measurements used here are an example only)
- Height can also be an issue, approximately 30 cm must be added to the longest dimension. look for clearance of gutters, down pipes and awning heights! If your Spa is 2,100mm x 2,100mm, when it is on it’s side on the dolly it may stand 2,400mm high. Any obstructions will have to be removed to allow clear and accessible access.
- Also PLEASE consider that the trolley is NOT flexible and will need a wide turning area to negotiate any corners.
- Steps, uneven surfaces, incline or declining areas, steep driveways can also be an issue as Spas are heavy bulky items that can be very difficult to transport up & down steps these require extra assistant and caution, this includes incline and declining areas
- Extra manpower will be needed if required to locate a Spa up or down multiple steps. In some situations we can use crane truck to lift a spa over the fence etc…..
Be sure to reference the simple diagram below for some assistance to identify obstacles to check while considering your installation. Of course if you’re not sure, just give us call and we can assist.
Most Common things that we would need to know:
- Exact Spa Dimensions
- Site Access at pick up ? (check ” site access requirements ” )
- Site Access at delivery ? (check ” site access requirements ” )
- Height restrictions
- Width restrictions
- Surface to be traversed ( grass, concrete, dirt, sand…. etc)
- Any Incline or Decline ?
- Steps ?
- Pick up and Delivery address ?
- Preferred Date